Monday, February 18, 2013
1. Signup starts at 7pm and we take the first 15 people.
2. Open to everyone who’s legally allowed to be in a bar.
3. Three-strikes-you’re-out — you get two “freebies”!
4. 1 DRINK MINIMUM. Buying alcohol is what keeps the bee going, so please do!
5. Everyone is welcome to participate in every spelling bee up to the Finals, when the winners of the season’s previous bees will square off for the championship!
6. You don’t actually have to say the word before and after spelling it, but it’s a nice idea. If you start spelling a word and you lose your place, you can start over without changing anything, but once a letter comes out of your mouth, it’s set in stone.
7. If you’re Canadian (or even if you aren’t), you can say “zed” for “z” and “double-l” instead of “l, l”; however, all spellings must be American-style.
8. You can’t bring pen and paper up to the mic, but you can pretend to write on your hand if you want.
1st place: Judy Kameny
2nd place: Kate Cemay
3rd place: Daniel Cohen
All three winners qualify for the December 2 Finals.
Come on out to the next bee on March 4th.
NOTE: Due to time constraints, we can only take the first 15 contestants to sign up (before, it was 18). So arrive early to make sure you get a spot! Signup begins at 7pm.